Real Estate Litigation
Morrison Cohen handles every aspect of real estate litigation and dispute resolution.
Morrison Cohen’s real estate litigators are seasoned real estate practitioners equipped to handle even the most complex disputes arising from real estate development or financing transactions. This breadth of experience enables Morrison Cohen to provide our real estate clients with real-time solutions for their real estate disputes. Our litigators have established market trends and effected changes in real estate law, while implementing cost-effective strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
Our real estate litigation services are sought after by some of the most well-known private equity funds, hedge funds, public companies, senior mortgage lenders, mezzanine lenders, borrowers, condominium and co-op sponsors, developers, REITS, general and limited partners, commercial and retail tenants and landlords, purchasers, sellers, owners and investors, general contractors, construction managers, real estate brokers and mortgage lenders, hotel and hospitality companies and high net worth individuals. Specific examples of our real estate representations include:
- Administrative hearings before State and Federal Agencies
- Complex Condominium and Co-Op Disputes, as well as large scale Commercial And Retail Landlord Tenant Proceedings
- Complex Construction Related Litigation and Arbitration, including Professional Malpractice and Lien Litigation
- Disputes arising from Purchase and Sale Agreements for Commercial, Retail and Multifamily Properties, Shopping Centers and Development Parcels
- Disputes for “Branded” Real Estate Projects
- Injunction Proceedings, Emergency Applications and Special Proceedings in the State and Federal Trial and Appellate Court’s in connection with Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Litigation involving Promissory Notes, Payment and Completion Guaranties, and Recourse Carve-Out Guaranties
- Litigations between Senior and Mezzanine Lenders with Borrowers, including loans with Multi-Tiered Capital Stacks and Securitized Loans, as well as Mortgage and Mezzanine Foreclosure Actions and Receivership Proceedings
- Litigation regarding Rights of First Refusal and Options to Acquire Real Property
- Mortgage and Real Estate Brokerage Disputes